Want to learn how to heal naturally?
Learn the Simply Seasonal way to eat all year long so you can balance, heal, and thrive!
– Cara + Megan
This is how we do it with the help of Mother Nature:
- Winter – Build, Restore, Nourish
- Spring – Cleanse, Detox, Clear
- Summer – Cool, Hydrate, Shine
- Fall – Release, Reflect, Slow
Winter is here!
As daylight diminishes and we head into the darkest days of the year, we look to the night sky and remind ourselves that the darkest sky shows the brightest stars. This time of year we depend on our inner light, as well as friends and family, to shine and brighten our spirits.
Borrow light energy from dark leafy greens and citrus fruits. Look to high quality animal protein and broth to build strength and energy. Healthy fats, like fish and nuts, will soothe the nervous system and restore the body.
Vegetables are best cooked this time of year. Look to soups, stews, roasts (and a hot bath!) to warm and nourish the body and soul.
Season 1: Winter
- How to eat during winter Cooking Show or Podcast Roasted Root Veggies
- How to Use your Winter Veggies Cooking Show or Podcast Winter Lentils
- Why we love Fats and you will too Cooking Show or Podcast Pork Pozole
- Is Your Olive Oil Fake? Cooking Show or Podcast Parsley Pesto
- Immunity Boosting Foods Cooking Show or Podcast Kimchi ⭐️
- Bone Broth – An Ancient NEW Trend Cooking Show or Podcast Bone Broth
- Super Bowl of Beans Cooking Show or Podcast Bean Chili
- Feed Your Sweet Cravings Cooking Show or Podcast Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Grains and Gluten Cooking Show or Podcast Winter Buddha Bowl
- Cruciferous Vegetables and Thyroid Conditions Cooking Show or Podcast Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) & Valentines Day Cooking Show or Podcast Freezer Fudge
- What are your Cravings telling you? Cooking Show or Podcast Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- How to transition out of winter Cooking Show or Podcast Shepherd’s Pie
Each week, we cover new topics + foods that correlate with the season so you can learn how they help you naturally balance, heal, + thrive.
Jump in at any point because what we’re talking about right now is right where you need to be!
Every Monday, a new cooking episode is released!
We keep them short, between 5-6mins, as they’re a fun way to learn this new information with recipes and tips to simply make seasonal eating part of your day!
If you’re looking to dive deeper, our Podcast is the place to be!
The podcast allows us to dive deeper into the conversation from Monday’s episode. On this platform we answer your questions and talk more about the health and healing capabilities of seasonal foods from a holistic perspective.
Listen LIVE on air at 12 CST every Tuesday or anytime as a podcast.
The earth gives us exactly what we need during each time of year. When we eat in a Simply Seasonal way, our bodies balance and heal so we can thrive!Cara + Megan
Catch Up on Past Seasons!
Season 2: Spring
- How to eat during Spring Kitchari
- Your guide to Cleansing Detox Smoothie
- Seeds, Sprouting + Balancing Hormones Sprouted Lentil Chop Chop Salad
- Natural Remedies for Seasonal Allergies Allergy Cleansing Stock
- The Whole Truth About Eggs Mexican Shakshuka
- Healing with Culinary Herbs Black Bean Tacos
- Crafty Cocktails + Springtime Elixirs Whole Fruit Margarita
- Celery Juice Trend – Pros + Cons Celery Cesar Salad
- Medicinal Herbs & Teas Liver Detox Tea
- Berries, heart health + cancer Overnight Oats
- Upgrade your Backyard BBQ Spring Potato Salad
- Gut Health and Poop Cooking Show or Podcast Chimichurri
- Dairy + Not Milk? Cooking Show or Podcast Nut Milk
Season 3: Summer
- How to eat during Summer Cooking Show or Podcast Grilled Veggie Pizza
- Alkaline + Anti-Inflammatory Ways of Eating Cooking Show or Podcast Alkaline Gazpacho
- Simply Seasonal Summertime Picnic Cooking Show Tuna-less and Chicken-less Salad
- Skin Protection from the Inside Out Cooking Show or Podcast Don’t Blister in the Sun Pasta with Salmon
- Hydration Cooking Show or Podcast Chia Seed Pudding
- Fish, Sustainability + Your Health Cooking Show or Podcast Fish en Papillote
- Healthy Travel Tips Cooking Show or Podcast Travel Pasta
- Sweets, Frozen Treats + Diabetes Cooking Show or Podcast Banana N’ice Cream and Raspberry Freezecake
- Raw, Vegan + Vegetarian Cooking Show or Podcast Raw Pad Thai
- Local + Organic- Is it worth it? Cooking Show or Podcast Summer Panzanella
- Night Shades, Alkaloids + Arthritis Cooking Show or Podcast Ratatouille over Polenta
- Healthy Work/Life Balance Cooking Show or Podcast Chickpea Curry
- Corn + GMO’s Cooking Show or Podcast Corn + Zucchini Fritters
Season 4: Fall
- How to eat during Fall Cooking Show or PodcastPumpkin Spice Latte and Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Cold/Flu + Respiratory Cooking Show or Podcast French Onion Soup
- Fall Foods for Healthy Skin Cooking Show or Podcast Coconut Creamed Kale
- Balancing Hormones + Fertility Cooking Show or Podcast Stuffed Acorn Squash
- An Apple a Day Cooking Show or Podcast Baked Apples
- Cancer, Mushrooms + Seaweed Cooking Show or Podcast Mushroom Stroganoff
- Healthy Beer + Wine Options Cooking Show or Podcast Coq au Vin
- Tips for Deeper Sleep Cooking Show or Podcast Sleepytime Broccoli Casserole
- How to Heal the Gut Cooking Show or Podcast Gut Healing Soup
- Clean up your Home Cooking Cooking Show or Podcast Vegetable Curry
- Simply Seasonal Thanksgiving Cooking Show Classic Thanksgiving Full Menu
- 4 Steps to Healing Autoimmune Diseases Cooking Show or Podcast Herb Crusted Salmon
- Your Guide to Weight Loss Cooking Show or Podcast Massaged Kale Salad