Episode 52! One full YEAR of weekly episodes complete!!!!
And this week we’re FINALLY addressing the topic of weight loss.
Ta dahhhh! 💁🏻♀️ You asked… so we delivered!
Excess weight is not about too many calories or not enough exercise. In fact, in most cases, people are eating too little or too much of the wrong foods, are exercising too hard and are too stressed! 🏋🏻♂️
MIND SHIFT: An imbalance in weight is an imbalance in your health.
So PLEASE put down your cantaloupe with fat free cottage cheese, egg white omelets and grilled chicken salads! 🥗
When you focus on nourishing your body with whole seasonal foods, losing weight becomes a byproduct because over the entire year every organ system has been properly nourish so the body can finally release what it no longer needs!🕺
This is what the Simply Seasonal philosophy is based on:
“The earth gives us exactly what we need during each time of year, so when we eat in a Simply Seasonal way, we can balance (including our weight), heal, and thrive!”
It’s time to start feeding yourself with nutrient dense seasonal foods to support your body fully so it can LET GO!
So hop on board because next week is Week 1 – Intro to Winter- the perfect place to start syncing with the season and balancing your health (aka weight).
And stick with us throughout 2020 because we’ve got ya covered! 😉
Join Cara + Megan in Episode 52 of Simply Seasonal:
- A Holistic approach to Weight Loss
- The key ingredient to losing weight
- Why we do not need to deprive ourselves
- How to build strength and energy over Fall/Winter in order to release come Spring
- Foods to lighten up in the cooler/darker months
Balance, heal, thrive,
Cara + Megan
If you find this episode helpful, please share with your friends.
Want to learn more after the episode?
Listen to the Podcast!
Listen LIVE Thursday @ 12 CST: vinyldraughtlive.com or App
Apple Podcast, Spotify, iheartradio, Soundcloud, or Vinyl Draught Live App
Massaged Kale Salad
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 Tbl dijon mustard
- 1 Tbl water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt + pepper
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup roasted beet, diced
- 1 cup roasted Brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato, diced
- more oil, salt + pepper for roasting
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup pepita or pumpkin seeds
- Roast Brussel sprouts, beets and sweet potatoes tossed with oil, salt and pepper in 400 oven until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Leave room on baking sheets – crowding will make them steam, more than roast. At the same time, roast full head of garlic by slicing off the top to expose cloves, drizzle with oil and wrap in foil.
- While vegetables are roasting and quinoa steaming, prepare the kale: De-stem and tear or chop into small pieces placing in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp sea salt. With clean hands, massage the kale for about 2-5 minutes until it gets wilted and soft./li>
- Prepare the dressing: Once garlic is roasted and soft, squeeze the cloves into a blender or small food processor along with dijon, water, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare the salad: add beets, Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, quinoa and pumpkin seeds to the kale. Pour in dressing and toss.
- Enjoy as a beautiful side dish or perfect light entree!
If you enjoyed this recipe we would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and be sure to share with family and friends.
Megan + Cara
Balance, heal, thrive,
Cara + Megan