Recipes: Spring Buddha Bowl + Chimichurri
We all have questions, but are too embarrassed to ask 🤭
So, here is the scoop on poop! 💩 You’re welcome! 😉
EVERYTHING you put in your mouth has to be digested by your body. Digestion is “the process of breaking down food by mechanical and enzymatic action into substances that can be used by the body.”
With that in mind… chewing plays a huge role in the mechanical part. If you have digestive issues, this is the first place to become mindful. And if that’s the issue, whelp that was easy!
From there, it’s all up to your muscles, organs, stomach acid and enzymes to break it down into molecules. That’s a lot of work!
Everything your body CAN’T use, gets filtered through liver. Water soluble waste gets processed through the kidneys & bladder while fat soluble gets processed through the small + large intestines and becomes garbage (said in French accent)… aka bowel movement… aka #2… aka drop the kids off at the pool… aka poop. 💩
This means your poop is made from dead cells, dead gut bacteria, toxins, undigested food, etc.
So it’s very important to take a looksee at what’s coming out 👀 to know if your digestive tract is doing ok👌.
If it has good shape, consistency and frequency, congratulations! 👏 You’re among the few these days. (And if you are curious what “good” looks like, keep reading).
Americans are suffering with many digestive issues because of the toxins in our country: pesticides, antibiotics, antibacterial everything, hormone disrupting fragrances, unbalanced diets, lack of plant fiber and nutrient rich soil to grow food.
It’s showing up in many ways like:
- Gas, bloating, distension.
- Constipation, diarrhea and irregularity.
- Acid Reflux and indigestion
- Candida, SIBO and poor gut microbiome
This can’t be fix with a pill. 💊 But, the good news is, if you’re eating the Simply Seasonal way, you’re healing your gut and digestion as we speak!
Yes those little micro organisms found in the soil of your local farm veggies are populating your gut with healthy pre + probiotics!
Join Cara + Megan in Episode 25 of Simply Seasonal:
- Find out how many times you should “go” per day
- What your stool is telling you physically and emotionally
- How to restore and maintain a healthy digestive tract and lining
- Soluble and insoluble fiber and why we need both
- Bacterial overgrowth and how to encourage good bacterial growth
Balance, heal, thrive,
Cara + Megan
If you find this episode helpful, please share with your friends.
Have questions after the episode?
Listen to the Podcast!
Spring Buddha Bowl
In the spring we shift the base from grains to greens! Top with artichoke, hard boiled egg, blanched asparagus and peas, sprouts, avocado. Drizzle with chimichurri for an extra somthin’
Simple Tip: “Always cook with Seasonal foods to balance, heal, and thrive!”
xoxo Cara + Megan
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, add the parsley, cilantro, red wine vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt. Quickly pulse a few times to bring together. Then through the pour tube, gently drizzle the olive oil while the food processor blends. Place in a mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!.
If you enjoyed this recipe we would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and be sure to share with family and friends.
Bristol Stool Chart
Megan + Cara
Balance, heal, thrive,
Cara + Megan