*We have a gift for you* Find it below!
Plant medicine has been around since the dawn of mankind!
Every tribe, culture and people looked to their shaman, sage, medicine man/woman or even witch doctor 🧙🏻♀️ for answers when someone was in pain or suffering.
This was medicine 👩🌾 … and it still is today! 👩🏻⚕️
This spring, observe all the ways Mother Nature is providing endless supplies of medicine to help us cleanse and restore… 🌱
… because most medicinal herbs are “weeds”- yes that’s right!
Yet, we discount these incredible herbs, treat them like pests and spray them with toxic (cancer causing) chemicals.
Our disconnect from nature has never been bigger as we’ve shifted away from plant sourcing and replaced it with synthetic medicine in a pill. 💊
Let’s get back to nature and get a better understanding of the healing potential that comes from these plants, besides, it’s where modern medicine evolved from!
A simple way to incorporate these healing herbs into your day is through teas or tinctures.
It’s an incredibly healing practice as you sit quietly with a cup of herbal tea to let your body rest, heal, tone, detox, cleanse.
As a gift to you,
Megan’s offering 25% off of her handmade herbal teas!
Modern Sage Teas
A blend we can ALL use, is her Detox Tea!
In the episode she explains the herbs she uses to make this blend, why they are good for spring and how they help the body detoxify!
Join Cara + Megan in Episode 22 of Simply Seasonal:
- How to use plants as medicine
- Why this is important in spring time
- Methods of brewing tea with medicinal herbs
- Megan’s “Modern Sage” Detox tea blend
SPOILER ALERT: If you’re curious about what herbs are in the jars in this episode, stay tuned for the bloopers where Megan walks us through each one and tells us what they’re used for!
Balance, heal, thrive,
Cara + Megan
If you find this episode helpful, please share with your friends.
Have questions after the episode?
Watch our LIVE Q&A Below!
Get 25% Off!
Original price: $20.00
Your price: $15.00
Modern Sage Teas
Handmade by Megan Magill, HHC, Chef
Choose your blend
- Detox Tea– perfect for spring time and supporting all of your major detoxification organs.
- Cramp Tea– super effective muscle cramp relaxer perfect for athletes and menstrual cramps.
- Sleepy Tea– start your evening routine with this tea to help you drift off into a deep restful sleep.
Want to blend your own teas?
The quality of your herbs
is key when using for medicinal purposes.
Order your herbs from Megan’s favorite herbal company: Mountain Rose Herbs
Get a list of the top 101 Medicinal Herbs + Spices here
Liver Detox Tea
- 1 tsp camomile
- 1 tsp dandelion leaf
- 1 tsp dandelion root
- 1 tsp milk thistle seed
- In a tea kettle, bring water to a boil.
- Scoop the herbs into a French press and cover with boiling water. Let it steep for 10-15mins.
- Pour into a mug, sip, and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe we would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and be sure to share with family and friends.
Megan + Cara