Celery is a tried and true ingredient that goes into EVERYTHING!
It’s part of 👩🏻🍳 the French Mirepoix(celery, onion, carrot)👨🏻🍳 the Cajun Trinity (celery, onion, green pepper) and 👩🏽🍳 the Italian Sofrito (celery, onion, carrot, garlic, parsley).
It also plays a key role in our favorite protein based salads like 🐔chicken salad, 🐟 tuna salad and 🥚 egg salad.
But today… the spotlight is finally on Celery! 👏👏👏
You’ve probably heard about this celery juice trend sweeping the nation thanks to Anthony William, the “Medical Medium”. He’s been making some big claims on the healing powers of celery.
And much of it is very true especially if you deal with inflammation, dehydration and even ACID REFLUX but…
So is kale, cabbage, radishes, spinach, bok choy… because… they’re all healing and they’re ALL “superfoods”!
But the thing we love about these food trends, is that people are finally appreciating the healing powers of ALL veggies!
As with any trend, there are some negative sides which we talk about in Episode 21 of Simply Seasonal.
Join Cara + Megan in Episode 21 of Simply Seasonal:
- Why the celery juice trend may be beneficial
- Why we should be cautious of the celery juice trend
- How celery helps chronic acid reflux
- Our favorite way to enjoy celery
Balance, heal, thrive,
Cara + Megan
If you find this episode helpful, please share with your friends.
Have questions after the episode?
Watch our LIVE Q&A below!
Tired of shopping for tons of produce and wasting all that fiber?
Just to get this➡️Why not eat the whole thing? ⬇️
Celery Caesar Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp each of dried rosemary, garlic powder, oregano, sage
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 full head of celery, sliced in diagonals, leaves reserved for topping
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 3 tbl avocado oil
- 1 tbl grated parmesan
- 10-12, 2 inch shavings of parmesan with peeler
- Prepare chickpeas for oven by coating with the herbs plus salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil
- Place on baking sheet and roast in oven at 425 for about 20 minutes, until crunchy
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together in a small bowl, garlic, dijon mustard, lemon, anchovy paste, avocado oil and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing with the celery and top with roasted chickpeas, celery leaves and shaved parmesan.
If you enjoyed this recipe we would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and be sure to share with family and friends.
Megan + Cara