Are you wasting your money on Collagen and Glutamine?
Well, put down your wallet because it’s sitting right in front of you… and you’re throwing it away!
Bone Broth is an ancient practice which has recently come back into fashion- OH YEAH!
We call it “liquid gold” because you can literally turn your kitchen scraps into a nutritious healing golden broth!
Bone broth helps heal gut related issues like Crohn’s, IBS and auto-immune disorders as it restores and rebuilds the gut lining. This will also help with GERD and Acid Reflux!
The collagen and minerals in bone broth rebuild cartilage and promote healthy skin regeneration, making your skin supple and joints feeling younger.
Now who couldn’t use some of that?!
Add bone broth to your soups, grains, or risottos.
Join Cara + Megan in Episode 6
- Learn the difference between stock, broth and bone broth
- Why bone broth is like an “I.V.” of nutrients
- Tips and tricks to make bone broth at home for little to no extra cost
If you find this episode helpful, please share with your friends!
Crock-Pot Bone Broth
- 1-2 lbs Pasture-raised Chicken or Turkey bones (leftovers 🙂 )
- 1 Onion, halved & skin on
- 3 Carrots, whole & skin on
- 3 Celery stalks, halved
- 6 Thyme sprigs
- 1 Garlic head, horizontally halved
- 8 Peppercorns, whole
- 1/4 bunch Parsley, keep stems on
- 4 qts Filtered water
- Place bones, onions, carrots, celery, thyme, garlic, peppercorns, and parsley in a large stock pot or crock-pot. Fill pot with water until bones are covered.
- Cover pot with a lid and place over a low flame or turn the crock-pot to low.
- Let the bone broth cook for 12-24 hours. The longer you can cook the bones, the more nutrients and collagen you will extract.
- When finished, remove the bones and large pieces of vegetables and discard them. Then pour the broth through a fine mesh strainer so you are left with a clear golden broth.
- Place in containers and if freezing- don’t fill to the top! Broth can stay frozen for 3-4 months! Cheers!
We’ve answered your questions about Boosting Your Immunity!
We love hearing from you! Please leave us your questions and comments below!
Tune in every Tuesday at 12:00 CST on Facebook or Instagram LIVE!
Get your questions answered!
Follow us @simplyseasonalcookingshow
If you enjoyed this recipe I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and be sure to share with family and friends.
Megan + Cara