Burrr- its cold outside! What foods are best for my body?
Do you ever wonder how to mix up your diet to support your body especially in the winter?
Megan and Cara have simple and seasonal tips for you!
Check out this video and get to know more about winter veggies, how they heal the body, and why they are SO good for you!
Listen to the Podcast
Rosemary Roasted Veggies
Simple tip: “Always cook with Seasonal foods to balance, heal, + thrive!”
xox Cara + Megan
– root veggies, cut the same size (carrots, potatoes, beets, turnips, radish, etc)
– grapeseed oil or avocado oil (high smoke point)
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. If you have a convection oven this is a great time to use it for a crispier roast. (At this high temp we want to use a high smoke point oil like grapeseed or avocado rather than olive oil.)
- When using seasonal and local ingredients, you do not need to peel them! The skin has so many nutrients and even probiotics from the soil! So save yourself the time and put your peeler away!
- You can dice your root veggies anyway you’d like (or even keep them whole if they are small)! The idea is to keep them the same thickness so they cook in the same time.
- Spread them out evenly on a sheet tray. Be sure not to over crowd the tray which will prevent them from browning. Use 2 trays if needed.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and minced rosemary. Toss them together with your hands so everything coats evenly.
- Pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your veggies until they are evenly browned.
- Remove and serve!
If you enjoyed this recipe, we’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and be sure to share with family and friends.
Cara + Megan